Employment Protections for All
Michigan labor didn’t just aide the rise of the auto industry; it helped give birth to the American middle class. Our jobs set the standard for stability and provided a rubric for others states to follow, allowing employees around the nation to count on strong wages that kept up with the cost of living. Yet years of systematic attacks from special interest groups have eroded the rights many unions and workers fought for, and the people of Michigan are hurting because of it.
A good job should give workers the financial security to build a life, to save for their children’s education and to plan for the future. That’s why we’re fighting to:
- Restore the prevailing wage so workers are compensated fairly for their labor.
- Repeal Right-to-Work to ensure Michiganders have the ability to bargain together for fair wages, safe working conditions and well-deserved retirement benefits.
- Ensure Michigan workers are paid what they’ve earned by tackling wage theft and tax fraud.
- Guarantee equal pay for women for equal work and experience as their male colleagues
- Provide our state’s hardworking men and women with meaningful paid sick leave to give them the opportunity to take care of themselves or their loved ones when they are ill.